Sunday, June 12, 2011

Entry the 34th: Converge - When Forever Comes Crashing

Broadening my horizons by checking out the Equal Vision Records website, I learned of a number of interesting bands, which is how I came to be aware of Converge. What an improvement over the last few records i had bought! Converge were like nothing I had ever heard before, especially compared to the other bands from Boston that I was familiar with like Slapshot and Blood For Blood. The songs were varied and exciting, the vocals were frantic, and it was scary sounding. Not in the Integrity way of apocalyptic visions and heresy, but more like rabidity, less directed, more wanton.

This album is still a favorite, having bought this not long after its release, it's nice to be able to say I was on board for at least one band that almost a decade and a half later are still respectable. Converge are critical darlings today, and they deserve it. Thirty four records into this, they play a big part in redeeming my young record collection.

Check out: My Unsaid Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment