Monday, June 6, 2011

Entry the 28th: Blood For Blood - Revenge On Society

As I recall, I got this a day after my birthday, from a different store that I wasn't able to make it to on the big day. Yet again, the Victory Records website directed me towards this. Boston hardcore with a bitterness reminiscent of Slapshot but without all the straightedge and hockey references. A bitterness that was somewhat comical even to the surly teenager that I was, so cartoonishly angry were the lyrics. My crustiness prevailed however and I managed to take these guys (mostly) seriously.

Leaning more toward the hardcore end of the music I was listening to, Blood For Blood was close enough to punk to appeal even to some of my less hardcore-inclined friends like Jules. Somewhat appealing anyway.

This is still a pretty fun listen. It does the trick that it is supposed to do, but I would not say that I would go out of my way to listen to it very frequently. Some of these slower songs are pretty terrible, but otherwise this record can still make me smile.

Check out: Wasted Youth Crew (My Kind Belong Nowhere)

No comments:

Post a Comment