Friday, June 10, 2011

Entry the 32nd: Vision of Disorder - Imprint

A little foreshadowing from a couple of posts ago suggested that I had later purchased further Vision of Disorder albums. Well, it wasn't too long after buying their self-titled album that I picked up Imprint.

For some reason I did not like this one as much. Something about the production I think. Too crisp or something. This meant that whenever I was in the mood for VoD I more than likely did not end up listening to Imprint, preferring instead their self-titled release.

I am not sure why this was the case, because Imprint is actually quite a bit better. There is no problem with the production in relation to their earlier album. This sounds better. The singer's clean vocals, which I criticized before, are actually much improved here, and the non-clean vocals are better too. The songwriting is actually much more interesting as well. So while it is not exactly the type of thing I really like listening to these days, I enjoyed this and I can appreciate it a lot more now than I ever did back then.

Check out: By The River

No comments:

Post a Comment