Sunday, June 5, 2011

Entry the 27th: Bloodlet - Entheogen

The last of the records from my sixteenth birthday bonanza was this doozy. I had heard a couple of Bloodlet tracks on both of the Victory Style compilations that I had, and in particular I had enjoyed Eucharist, which is found on this album. The rest of Entheogen did not disappoint. I really liked the super riffy songs and the darkness of it was something like what I found with Integrity. Too bad I was such a boring jerk and was mostly interested in things with lyrics I could get behind, otherwise I might have appreciated Entheogen a bit more. Most of the songs on here grabbed me, and whenever I made a new mixtape I would invariably include a different song to go along with the usual suspects from other albums.

I don't know why I don't listen to this more often now. It is actually really good. As I listen to it right now, every time a new song starts I think to myself "oh yeah this one!" and I am never disappointed. Heavy! It is always satisfying to listen to something years later and to enjoy it more than when you first picked it up. I will have to put this in the rotation more often.

Check out: Something Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment