Thursday, June 2, 2011

Entry the 24th: Refused - Everlasting

Further joy on my sweet sixteenth, I picked up Everlasting due in large part to my love of Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent. Too bad I didn't like this EP quite as much. That being said I really enjoyed it, even though it was perhaps a little less heavy. Too bad I was so single-minded at age sixteen otherwise I might have listened to this more, though the lyrics were attractive to my teenage sense of the world being unfair.

Short and sweet this thing plays through in under twenty two minutes. Punkier than I liked back then, I can enjoy this a little more musically as my heart has mellowed, and a little less lyrically as the same heart has hardened somewhat against their teenage-pinko politics with time.

Check out: The Real

No comments:

Post a Comment