Sunday, March 7, 2010

Entry the 9th: One King Down: Bloodlust Revenge


More vegan straightedge metallic hardcore. More Hate Than Fear was another Jocelyn Tape hit, and it could be found on this One King Down EP. Unfortunately, the tracks on my iPod for this are corrupt, so sadly I wasn't able to listen to it properly, but a little poking around the internet allowed me to sample some of it here and there.

This was the closest thing to Earth Crisis that I had found up to this point. The lyrics were similarly eloquent, and certainly on the same subject matter, and the music was that same sort of no-frills, slowed down Slayer/Metallica riffs. They were probably my second favorite band, at least for a bit.

Listening to this again today, it doesn't have the staying power that most of these previous records have had. I rarely ever listen to this as evidenced by the fact that I only just discovered that the songs don't actually play on my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment