Monday, March 15, 2010

Entry the 15th: Judge - Bringin' It Down


Another addition inspired by the Jocelyn Tape, this time the song was New York Crew. Fast and angry, with lots of gang vocals, this seems like the sort of thing that I would have been all over. There was something about it though that just kept it from being one of my favorites. So many of the other records I had were already filling the roles that this one might have, and while that didn't keep it out of the player, or keep the songs off of my own tapes, it never really got the kind of play that those other records did. That and when it came down to Boston vs. New York, at least in my collection, Slapshot won hands down in my mind.

Now listening to Mike Ferraro's lyrics I just laugh at the guy. The tough guy stuff doesn't appeal any more, and listening to a fat guy sing about a fight he got into once with some guys from Boston or how they wore construction gloves? What a loser. That being said, I still like this as long as I don't listen to the words too carefully, or remember that there are better hardcore bands near at hand.

Check out: New York Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment