Thursday, March 11, 2010

Entry the 12th: Integrity - Seasons In The Size Of Days


More Integrity! I was hard pressed to decide whether I liked this better than Humanity Is The Devil but who cares? Dark and menacing hardcore, with all kinds of heretical imagery? Yes please. This was also perfect listening for the time of year I got it, late in the year as the days were fast approaching their darkest, and everything around was bleak and grey. Two years later I named my cat after singer Dwid.

Today it's not so bleak out there, but you wouldn't know it from the sounds coming from my speakers. A song about sarin nerve gas is delightful, and Millennial Reign almost sounds like something that Deathspell Omega would put out today. Integrity was and remains one of my favorite hardcore bands, or rather favorite bands in any genre.

Check out: Millennial Reign

3 comments:

  1. Yes. The way Integrity wove millenialist and anti-christian imagery into hardcore stuck in my young mind as well. Maybe it was just me at the time, but I remember feeling like they were so much more threatening and scary than anything I'd ever heard before; they were about way more than straight-edge and breakdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't stick enough for you not to pawn this album though eh? ZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touche. Sadly, my musical past is filled with several rash decisions. I'm still looking to replace this one!

    ReplyDelete