Sunday, February 28, 2010

Entry the 5th: Earth Crisis - Gomorrah's Season Ends

Yet another album by Earth Crisis. This one I had also already been listening to for months on a dub of a dub. The tape said "Earth Crisis" but this sounded pretty different from what I was used to from them. Way harsher vocals, and more dissonant sounding. So getting this album finally confirmed for me that I had indeed been listening to my favorite band. My favorite they remained, and even though I think I preferred "Destroy the Machines" this album got tons of mileage as it was perfect for the peevish teenager that I was. I was pissed about lots of things, but mostly my dad's drinking, and listening to this helped me through a lot of the difficulties related to that.

Listening to this today, I feel much the same way about it as I do "Destroy the Machines". I still love it, but it doesn't have quite the same effect as it once did, since I don't relate that well to the lyrics anymore. It also still makes it's way into the rotation once in a while too, so there are no surprises here either.

Check out: Broken Foundation


No comments:

Post a Comment