Saturday, February 27, 2010

Entry The 4th: The California Takeover

It's probably readily apparent at this point that I didn't really know where to look for anything except in the Victory Records catalogue, or that I was only listening to a few bands. I was still listening to that Victory Style comp, mostly for Firestorm, but also for the lovely sounds of Integrity, Strife, Snapcase, and Deadguy. Enter The California Takeover, my first live record.

Even though live versions of Ecocide and Firestorm were on here, there's not much that makes me play this record these days. The best Strife track, The Essence, isn't even a Strife song, nor is it sung by Strife's singer, and there's not much else to get excited about. The appeal so long ago was to hear what these bands sounded like live, and considering that it seemed pretty unrealistic that I would ever actually see these bands live (it didn't occur to me that I would travel for shows some day) this was a pretty exciting thing to listen to.

Check out: The Essence


No comments:

Post a Comment