Friday, February 26, 2010

Entry The 1st: Earth Crisis - Destroy The Machines


Technically, my first CD was a compilation called Victory Style. It had a slew of bad bands on it as well as some pretty good bands, like Deadguy, Snapcase, Strife, Integrity, Bloodlet, and most importantly Earth Crisis. The songs Firestorm, Forged In The Flames, and Wrath Of Sanity really got me excited about music in a way I had never been before. This led to me receiving this album, my second CD by Earth Crisis called "Destroy The Machines" for my 15th birthday. I actually had been listening to a cassette copy that belonged to a friend's older brother for months, and finally I could listen to it on something other than my Walkman.

This is an album that has pretty consistently made it into the rotation in the many years since I first got it, and I still love it. I've listened to it consistently enough that listening to it again today doesn't "take me back" like listening to some other discs does and I love it enough that I listened to it three times instead of just the one. At this rate I'll never get through them all.

Check out: The Wrath Of Sanity

No comments:

Post a Comment