Sunday, April 4, 2010

Entry the 18th: Malefaction - Smothered


My first album by a Canadian (and local) act, this is an album that I didn't get until early 1998, but I had already been familiar with for a couple of years. I'd had it in my possession having borrowed it along with Propagandhi's Less Talk More Rock from my friend Richard, and tape of it came along with me on a road trip to BC a year and a half before, so Smothered and I were already good pals.

Listening to it now for some reason takes me back to a day when I saw Titanic at Portage Place, which is kind of a weird association for my brain to make, but I guess it was the right time period. It's now my least favorite Malefaction recording, but still pretty enjoyable, even if it lacks the bite of their later grindier work.

Check out: Remains

No comments:

Post a Comment