Monday, May 30, 2011

Entry the 21st: Hatebreed - Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire


We reach my sixteenth birthday. Being a teenager, I received cash and very promptly spent all of it on CDs. At this point the internet was starting to be useful and so I had found out about some new bands via the Victory Records website, which is how I came to hear of Hatebreed.

These guys turned out to be a bit of a big deal, but at the time I had no idea. All I knew was that I liked what I was hearing. Thick guitars and heavier sounding vocals, but with discernible lyrics, songs that were short and sweet, and consistently faster than anything that I was really listening to already. This fast became one of my favorite albums to listen to, and they quickly challenged Earth Crisis for the number one seat.

I still listen to this album all the time, and it is still my favorite of theirs. This holds up to the test of time way better than anything (except maybe some Integrity) I have previously mentioned. Start to finish.

Check out: Worlds Apart

No comments:

Post a Comment